Friday, February 28, 2014

A Short List of My Long List


I've been thinking about life lately...specifically what it is I want to do with it.
In the typical sense - what I want to do once I graduate - but more specifically what I want to accomplish on the side of that.

We live in a world today where the quality of life is dictated by your job; how much you get paid, where you live, what position you hold, etc and it drives me crazy! Life should be about living not walking through the motions to save up for retirement. Plus, by the time I'm even able to use what I've saved I'll be wicked old and won't be able to go cliff diving for the fear of breaking a hip or some other old-age tragedy... Now is the time to do those reckless activities - despite the dismally low amount of cash I have in my bank account to do them. But they don't say, "When there's a will, there's a way" for nothing. So, knowing that somehow through someone in someway I will make them happen, I've made a short list of my long bucket list for what I want to accomplish before I even start saving for retirement.
  1. Get scuba certified down unda in Australia
  2. Live and work in a foreign country
  3. Rock climb real rocks at Indian Creek in Utah
  4. Go to cooking school in France
  5. Participate in the Festival of Color in India
  6. Party it up at Mardi Gras in New Orleans
  7. Eat at Heston Blumenthal's restaurant in London 
  8. Jump off a waterfalls in Costa Rica
  9. Do something to test my athletic abilities
  10. Watch a St. Louis Blues game in Missouri & then meet T.J. Oshie in person
Short. Sweet. To the point. And good enough for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment