Saturday, July 6, 2013

Koh Samui, Thailand; A Daydream Turned Reality {part three}

So as our final days dawned upon us, depression and desperation to suck the living daylights out of the rest of our time there sunk in.
However, we had one event that temporarily took the pain away: the Koh Phagnan Full Moon Party.
Being on another island, we had to get to the party by speed boat.
Let me tell you, on the way there, the green on the jackets were definitely reflecting off on a few faces. But thankfully, we got off the boat without stomach acid in sight! Always a plus...
Once we arrived - fully decked out in our neon gear - we headed straight for the paint shops.
Armed with 5 different neon colors and a paint brush, we got to work.
I must confess, I am no artist, but boy oh boy did I have fun with the facepaint! Apparently, I have some Picasso abilities in me because I got many compliments on the faces that I did paint. Who knew you could find a hidden talent in such an unlikely place?
Van Gogh step aside.

Thankfully, I wasn't the only one to discover this hidden talent. T, being the talented lad he is, decided to sip paint through a straw and spit it at people (sounds worse than it really was...he had a line begging for his services!) which actually turned out amazingly.
T, on the left, in the flesh.




His masterpieces.
Myself included..of course! How could you pass that talent up?
After the painting was done, we embarked on our one night journey around KohPan, collecting buckets of booze 
fucking good drinks
and friends along the way.
After dancing the night away into the wee hours of the morning, we staggered back to the boat pier and piled into the boat...except this time, the ride was much more enjoyable.
I don't know if you've ever been on one of these speed daddys, but if you haven't I highly recommend you do.
For most of us, sitting on the front being tossed around and flung into the air while going over massive waves was the highlight of the night.
Pure joy.
And pure thrill.

There flies by another incredible trip with the most incredible people I've ever met. So many good memories from this trip that will keep me bonded to my best friends to many years to come.
Koh Samui, you have made a permanent mark on my heart.
And so have I on the walls of go-to club, Green Mango ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment