Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Bookworm's Dilemma

My perfect rainy day scenario would be: sitting on my windowsill underneath my string lights sipping on a cup of milk tea reading a heafty novel....with some classical music playing in the background....and cookies.
This ugly weather has made me dream of this situation for a week now and I've realized it was time to turn it into reality. But my dihlema also became clear - which book should I pick?
I'm pretty sure I have a library of books at home (a handful of which I haven't read), but I just can't help myself from wanting to go and spend an afternoon in a bookstore and walk away with a new book!

I'm thinking about finishing off The Book Thief but I would love a few suggestions. So  by all means fire away!

Samantha xx

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need to start reading again! It's one of my favourite past times and yet I've just let it slip away when things have gotten crazy busy.

    I really enjoyed the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie recently xx

    http://littleswallow-chinadoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I've read some great books for school like The Things They've Carried by Tim O'Brien and a few of Wilde's books but a book for pleasure is a whole other animal.

      Thanks so much for your suggestions Christine! I've heard really great things about Night Circus so I'll check it out :)
      Samantha xx

      Delete